Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The FuMP

I've been meaning to write an entry about The FuMP for the past several weeks now, but for some reason I just kept putting it off. Which is a shame, because it's a really great thing. The FuMP is the Funny Music Project. I first heard about it from Tom Smith's LiveJournal(he's a member of it).

Every week, The FuMP has two new funny songs that you can download for free in MP3 format. If you want to, you can pay 99¢ to download a song in a higher quality MP3 or pay $4.99 a month to download all the songs in higher quality MP3s. If you're really generous, you can pay $9.99 a month for the downloads, and every other month you'll get a free CD compilation of the past two month's songs (with bonus material!).

As I said earlier, Tom Smith is one of the artists. The others are Raymond and Scum, Ron Balder, Sudden Death, the great Luke Ski, and Worm Quartet (Possible Oscar is an auxiliary member). Besides Tom smith, the only member I was familiar with before The FuMP was Raymond and Scum; many years ago, I got a copy of their Wow! What Amazing Cover Art!! CD off of MP3.com (back before MP3.com sucked). Even so, all of the artists are great, and I've added all of them as friends on my MySpace page--except Ron Balder, because I couldn't find a MySpace page for him (and speaking of MySpace, if you're reading this and you have a MySpace, feel free to add me as a friend).

My current favorite song of the bunch has got to be Sudden Death's Cellular Degeneration, because it's just so damn funny. I also really liked the great Luke Ski's You Might Be a Trekkie (though it's not really funny music), Raymond and Scum's Nothing's Gonna Tear Us Apart Love - Theme From Blood and Guts, Tom Smith's Tech Support for Dad, and well all of them really. The one I liked least was Ron Balder's Don't Shoot, and that was mainly because I'm not really into paintball.

The FuMP is great, and you should check it out. I give it the full five yo-yos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should post your Reviews in http://bluerectangle.com/ this site got Video Book Reviews (Book Reviews On Video) .... :)