Monday, April 16, 2007

Lord of the Isles, by David Drake

A few years ago, I picked up a hardcover copy of Lord of the Isles somewhere. For some reason, I never read it. Instead, I put it away and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, I picked up a $3.99 paperback edition.

I really wish I'd read it in hardcover. Then I wouldn't have wasted $4 on buying a paperback version of a book I owned in hardcover. Also, it's a great book, and it has quite a few sequels which I would have also read if I'd read the original.

The thing I like best about this book is the characters. They are very believable and well, interesting. The book also has a well-though-out system of magic, which is always a good thing in a fantasy novel that uses magic. There is a lot of action (especially at the end of the book). Really, this is a great all around book.

I give Lord of the Isles five yo-yos.




No comments: