Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Ballad of a Slow Poisoner

After taking a few weeks off from reviewing  bizarro fiction, due to a bit of burn out from all the reviews in April, it's time for a new bizarro review. This time it's The Ballad of a Slow Poisoner by Andre Goldfarb.

This was a cool book. The plot was strange and meandering. It's about a man named Millford Mutterwurst, whose elbows are flattening as a result of poisoning. He teams up with a blue blobby creature called Slub Glub and a transparent green monkey. They have some adventures.

This is the sort of book where I can't really explain the plot because the story is all over the place with all kinds of absurd things happening. I will say that it is a great, entertaining story with really cool illustrations. The only thing I don't like--and this may be because I've read too much low-quality, Tolkien-inspired fantasy--is the songs people break into. I just found them distracting. If it wasn't for them, I'd have given this five stars.



No comments: