Sunday, May 21, 2006

A (Fairly) Wild Ride

Okay, so, I've finished reading Trudi Canavan's Last of the Wilds. Actually, I finished it a few days ago, but I've been kind of lazy lately, so I'm just getting around to writing about it now.

If you've read my past reviews, you know that I've also read Canavan's Black Magician Trilogy, and that I liked it. This book, is the second volume of her second trilogy, Age of the Five. Even though I didn't write a review of the first volume, Priestess of the White, I really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this one too. All the characters from the first book are here, and all of them are very well crafted. Auraya has got to be one of my favorite heroines in all of fantasydom (if that's not a word, it should be). We learn more about the history of the characters, too, like the true story of Mirar and Leiard. We also learn a bit about the nature of the gods, and find out that the Pentadrians.

One thing I really didn't like--and really, I think either the author should have realized the mistake while researching or the editor should have picked up on it it--is the Twins. The are a pair of separated conjoined twins who are brother and sister. Anyone who knows anything about the subject knows that conjoined twins are ALWAYS identical. Next time, research.

I really did like the book, but that one glaring mistake annoys me so much, I'm giving it 4 yo-yos. Up next, the Wheel of time part 11, Knife of Dreams.



No comments: