Monday, January 09, 2012

Cripple Wolf

Cripple Wolf by Jeff Burk is a collection of bizarro short stories. It's a darn good collection too. I think it's probably the best collection of bizarro stories I've read, which isn't actually saying much, since this is only the third one I've read. Still, I really did like it.

The titular story is about a wheelchair-bound werewolf who slaughters a plane full of fetishists. There's a Christmas story about a junkie version of Frosty the Snowman. There's a story about reality show featuring cannibal chefs. There are cats, space badgers, elderly punk rockers, and a park.

I really loved the werewolf story and the chef story. The rest of the stories were mostly pretty good too. However, the story with the park, "Just Another Day in the Park," was probably my least favorite in the book, as it seemed to be a lacking something.

I think this book is well worth the time of anyone who likes weird  stories and isn't bothered by gore.







No comments: