Friday, July 15, 2005

My Ratings System

A lot of people have been asking me about my ratings system (actually no one has, but I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you anyway).

My system is pretty much the standard 1-5 "star" system, except I use yo-yos instead of stars. For instance, I might give The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy 5 yo-yos. The things I generally consider when reviewing a book are the writing style, pacing, plot, dialogue, characterization, and how much I like the story overall.

The ratings can translate as:


5 Yo-yos = Run out and buy this book now! Or if you want to help the Yoyogod out, click the Amazon.com link.



4 Yo-yos = This is a good book, and I would certainly recommend reading it.



3 Yo-yos = This book is fairly average. It's not that great, but it's not bad either. Read it if you don't have anything better handy.



2 Stars = This is a bad book. I certainly wouldn't recommend reading it.



1 Star = You would be better of reading the phone book than this piece of garbage.

(I also sometimes issue half yo-yos, which is slightly worse that the full one. ex four and a half yo-yos is worse than five yo-yos)

On a side note, I'm a little behind on my reading of Wizard of the Grove, so since tomorrow is the big release, my next book will probably be switched to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

No comments: