Monday, June 19, 2006

I See

I've decided that updating my blog about once a week or so isn't really often enough, and since I can't read much faster, I've decided to do more reviews in the "Stuff I Like" category. Today, I'm going to talk about my favorite web comic, Dominic Deegan: Oracle For Hire.

This is one excellent comic. Mookie, the writer/artist, must be some kind of genius. He does an excellent job of creating believable characters and story lines. While I'm no art critic, I'd have to say that his artistic abilities are on par with those of professional comic strip/comic book artists. Not only that, but, unlike many other web comics, his site updates every day (unless he's at a convention, it's a holiday, or he's spending time with his lady friend).

As you might guess from the title, the comic is fantasy themed. The older strips tended to be more comic. Often Dominic would be asked to use his seers abilities to answer stupid questions, then he'd make fun of the client. The stories became more serious after the introduction of Luna, Dominic's girlfriend. Since then, he's gone on to save a dryad from an Infernomancer, battle an evil called the Storm of souls, rebuild a small town, and lots of other stuff.

This is one of the best web comics around. I definitely recommend that you go and start reading it right now. I give Dominic Deegan: Oracle For Hire 5 yo-yos. There's also a print book containing the first 100 strips available. I've ordered it from Amazon, though they are taking a Hell of a long time to ship.

No comments: