Sunday, September 10, 2006

Avengers! ... No Not the Ones from Marvel

I finally finished Necroscope: Avengers. Looking over Amazon's reviews for it, I see that quite a lot of people didn't like it, and some even hated it. Personally, I thought it was a terrific wrap up for the E-Branch Trilogy.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think it's as good as the Necroscope books that star Harry Keogh, but I still think it's a pretty darn good book. We get to see the evil vampires--Malinari, Swartz, and Vavara--destroyed. We don't get to see the Earth safe again though (I don't want to give spoilers, so I won't say exactly why). We do learn that eventually, in the distant future, everything will turn out all right.

It's a good ending for the series. Yes, I know The Touch was written later, but it happened before the E-Branch Trilogy, so I'm not counting it. I like it a lot, so I'll give this one four and a half yo-yos.

Sadly, I'm just about out of new books to read; all I've got left is King Solomon's Mines, which I'm not really enjoying all that much. I should be receiving a book I ordered from Lulu.com soon (it was reccommended by a reader in the comments section on Miss Snark's Blog), and my next book should ship from Zooba soon (It's a Conan book). Still, don't be surprised if it's a while before I post again.



No comments: