Thursday, July 27, 2006

More Web Comics

Since I got a shipment of books from Amazon, I put Firethorn aside and Started reading The Arm of the Stone, so I'm not finished with any books do reviews on. Hence, I've got another web comic review. It's Inq Tales, a collection of comics by IngaLill Roesberg of Norway. As far as I can make out, these were originally published as regular comics in Norway, and are now being posted on the Web in English. She has two series going on the site, The Knights of Dor and Felina.

The Knights of Dor is a fantasy about seven knights fighting against an ancient prophecy. Every five hundred years an evil wizard arises to rule over the lands of Dor. The Knights of Dor fight against the evil wizard. The comic has a nice mix of action and comedy that I just love.

Felina is, as you can guess from the title, about a cat. She reminds me of nothing so much as Puss in Boots, and all the other fairy tales where a really clever person outwits a bunch strong, but stupid, people (or ogres or giants or whatever). Those were always my favorite kind of fairy tales. Felina is also very funny, and I highly recommend it.

As far as I can make out, Knights of Dor is updated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Felina seems to be updated daily. I give both of these 5 yo-yos.

No comments: