Friday, October 27, 2006

Conrad's Fate, by Diana Wynne Jones

I like Diana Wynne Jones books, especially the Chrestomanci ones. So, when I saw Conrad's Fate, I said "Ooh a Chrestomanci book," and I bought it. Sure, they are written for kids, but their still pretty darn good books even if you're an adult.

the only thing I didn't like about this book was that Conrad, the title character, was kind of stupid. Sure, he's just a kid, but even a twelve year old should have enough sense not to swallow all the crap Conrad's uncle feeds him. Would you believe you had bad karma requiring you to kill somebody? I know I wouldn't. I'd think that anybody bet a total moron would smell a setup. Conrad doesn't.

Other than that, it's a good book. Even I had a hard time figuring out what was going on before I read it. Usually, I can see the plot twists coming a mile away. I also like the characters Christopher Chant and Millie, who were in previous books.

If you like kid's fantasy, or just fantasy in general, you'll probably like this book. I give Conrad's Fate four and a half yo-yos.


No comments: