Friday, April 13, 2012

Bizarro Fiction Month Day 13: Shatnerquake

Well it's day 13 of Bizarro Fiction Month, and I have a very important question to ask:  Who doesn't like William Shatner? OK, I expect there are a few people who don't, but that was really a rhetorical question, because I'm about to review Shatnerquake by Jeff Burk.  This book is all about Shatner.

William Shatner goes to a Shatner convention, and some followers of Bruce Campbell set off a fiction bomb that somehow causes all of the characters played by Shatner to become real. The only goal of these characters is to kill the real Shatner. What follows is a lot of gore and humor and then some more more gore.

You get to see Shatner fighting Kirk and Shatner fighting animated Kirk. We see the Priceline Negotiator in action. We see Rescue 911 Shatner describing the various gruesome accidents that happen.There were just so many different versions of Shatner that I just wish more time had been spent with them.

That's really my only complaint; this book very short, even for a bizarro book. I really think it could have been expanded a bit and actually been improved. Even so, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was funny, and I love funny books.


No comments: