Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bizarro Fiction Month Day 17: Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy

I'm finally up to day 17 of Bizarro fiction month, and today I turn to a book by Bradley Sands for review.

I love bizarro. I love short story collections. Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy is a short story collection. Does that mean I loved Sorry I Ruined Your Orgy? Obviously Don't love it just because it's a bizarro short story collection.

Technically speaking, a lot of what's in here isn't really short stories. Much of it is too short for that. It's the sort of stuff that people generally consider flash fiction, though Sands himself calls it prose poetry. Whatever you want to call it, it's good stuff.

My favorite was probably the first, "Seth Shultz," which seems to be the story that inspired the title. It's about a man in a bear costume who attends an orgy. "Scenes From The Life Of A Greeting Card Designer" was another one I really enjoyed.

This was cool. Also, while I normally think that it's tacky for an author to chastise people for giving their book a bad review, the response to this negative Amazon Review is hilarious.


No comments: