Sunday, April 08, 2012

Bizarro Fiction Month: Day 8 The Egg Said Nothing

It's Day 8 of Bizarro Fiction Month, and it's also Easter. If you're like me, the first thing you think of when you think of Easter is Easter eggs. Sure, if I had a copy of Jesus Freaks, I'd totally be doing that today. Since I don't, I'm going with an egg theme, specifically, The Egg Said Nothing by Caris O'Malley.

I've only read four of the various years' New Bizarro Author series books so far, but of the four I read, this one is my favorite (and note to self: try to get this year's batch before the year is over). I'm not entirely sure why, but it is. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for a good time travel story.

It's the story of a guy named Manny, who lays an egg. Then he gets some harassing phone calls about it, and gets into a fight with a sinister man with a shovel. Eventually he ends up at a diner, where he falls in love with the waitress. Then things start getting even weirder.

This book has humor, action, and romance. These are all good things for a book to have.This is a great, fun read.



No comments: